Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Day

One day stands for a lot in my life right now. Many think that one day stands for "one day your prince will come" or something along those lines. Lately I may say they were right but not today. Today that one day stands for how much time is left until I start at Bellarmine, before I become the new kid.
Today that one day says that I one day I will face my inner demons.
One day I'll find myself so in love with whats around me and what I have rather than comparing mine to everyone else's.
One day I'll find myself so in love with God that nothing else will matter.
One day I won't feel like I have to meet expectations or succeed like the rest of my family.
One day I'll do what I love and smile because I know I'm doing what I should be.
One day I'll be able put away my pride, my stubbornness and step up to the plate and serve.
One day I'll be to admit I don't know how to do something and let someone help me.

And naturally I hope one day my prince will come but if that one day never comes I want to be okay with the fact that God has something bigger and better planned for me.

one day....

No comments:

Post a Comment