Sunday, February 21, 2010

Forgiven

Ever since my feet hit US soil again in January I've felt like my head cant keep up with my feet. I'm running forward yet my head was spinning in so many directions I had no idea what was going on. Learning things about friends engagements, friends struggles, my own personal family/health/whatever issues, not to mention school starting and making a decision on this summer. I couldn't see straight but my feet kept moving.

During this time I didn't know what to do, I'm a fixer, a doer. I have trouble just sitting by and watching things happen. There was too much on the plate this time around. My only option was to let go, let God. Sometimes we like to think we can fix it all but truth is we can't do anything without God.

While all this was going on, I was in no position to fix anything or even make a human attempt at it. I was emotionally flying through my past. Whether things were reoccuring, memories were resurfacing- you know those things you push away thinking they'll never return, familiar emotions, whatever it is was I was emotionally tired and weak. I didn't know what to do except give it to God once again. One of my friends told me that God got me through it once, He will do it again. Later that night I heard a song called Forgiven.

No matter what has been done in the past God has forgiven me. He uses it for His glory and not our agony. This song shows how I felt for weeks that seemed like forever. Once again finding comfort that my sin is forgiven and that all I have to do is let go and let God.

Forgiven- Sanctus Real

Well the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
I’m reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just wont let me forget

In this lifeI know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
Cause I’m forgiven

My mistakes are running through my mind
And I’ll relive my days, in the middle of the night
When I wrestle with my pain, struggle with my pride
Sometimes I feel alone, and I cry

When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ ‘cause

[back to chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment