Thursday, June 4, 2009

here we go

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm nervous as all get out. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Ive gotten emails with a little more information but I feel like I haven't done enough or haven't prepared enough. The what-ifs have entered my mind and have slightly overtaken the excitement. What if my team doesn't mesh well, what if im not good enough, what if i can't meet peoples expectations. I just keep telling myself what I tell other people. It'll be ok, it'll be an experience, it'll be an opportunity. You can't grow if you don't challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone. God has it all under control but that doesn't help my fear and nerves. I'm prepared to miss home. Its a natural for me, I have an amazing home and really it only keeps getting better. My parents are amazing, I'm finally maturing enough to have the right heart when I visit my grandparents in the nursing home, I'm finally maturing enough spiritually to hold meaningful conversations with my grandparents. My neighbors are as goofy as ever and are that much more family to me than ever. Finally, I have friends close enough to home where its not work and couch in the summer. Life is good but it can always get better. There is nowhere to go but up. Its just the outlook on things.

My past has been haunting me from old friends to old coaches to old teachers. Seeing my friends shows me how I have changed. My coaches show me how capable I am to teach others and my teachers show me what I've learned and where I've come from. Past is a scary thing to come face to face with but it shows you how the present can grow you and how life can change.
"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but its all worth what comes inbetween"

MY Current prayer/ prayers requests:
God,
Thank you for everything you've put in my life. I pray that you continue to put people in my life that will bless me, strech me, and grow me. As my fears and nerves grow I know that you can calm them. Please keep me, my team, and all the people I love safe this summer, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well. I pray that my team meshs and loves eachother as you have taught us to love. I pray for patience for these kids and that they will hae patience with me for I'm doing something I've never done before. Give me the courage, the ability, the confidence that I can do your work and listen to what you want done this summer. Let me be the person you want me to be this summer.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment