Saturday, June 13, 2009

the little things

In my last blog I wrote about my little buddy Will. Well yesterday we had to leave the camp that we were working. However, we got to eat lunch with the little kiddos but we got in there before the kids. When Will came in, he made it a point to find me and sit with me. How cute is that?!? Anyways we were sitting there and one of the worship guys was sitting across from us and we were talking. He said something about if he wasn't good they wouldn't want him up there doing worship. Will looked at him and said, yeah but it doesn't matter if you are good or not because you are doing it for God! Little kids rock and point out the little things and it makes my heart happy! Nothing else matters except doing your best for God, doing what He wants, and not only furthering His kingdom but glorifying it as well!

The other day something happened and I found it necessary to pull out the poop book. Some of you are reading this and going, omg she took it with her but we all know that it was expected of me! My teammates and I are getting along and I love them. Its going to be hard to leave the other team come Firday but we will enjoy the time we have now before that comes. We laugh until we cry, everytime. They've seen me cry. We have been together a week that seems like forever.

Monday starts our first official Infinity Sports Camp in Chelsea, AL. It'll be fun but its still kind of nerve racking because we've never done it the way its really supposed to be done. By the fifth week, we might, we hopefully will have a system down. At least everybody is hardworkers and do whatever we can for each other! Anyways we are staying in host homes and me and my teammate are staying with the coolest people ever! He's a funny football type of guy and shes an awesome girl. They have a little boy thats 6 but we didn't get to talk to him too much today. They remind me of my uncle and cousin. Its awesome. They have a wii that has a sword game on it and the guy, Ray is going to play me tomorrow! They have a huge flat screen and basically a man's sports room which totally fits me! Free meals, somebody to do my laundry, free showers, free place to stay, and I get to plays sports and teach their kids about Jesus. Then I get paid for that. I've got the best summer job you could ask for! Try asking me in about a 2-3 weeks...haha!

There have been downsides like us getting frusterated at each other but I'm willing to put up with it for the other things that happen in life. The coolest part about it all is that my team is just like my team of friends back at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment