Thursday, May 20, 2010

full circle

This time last year I was preparing to go to camp. Part of me was excited because I was doing what seemed like everybody else was doing. I was going to travel, play sports, hang out with kids, and do my whole summer for God. Part of me was scared to death. I had to trust God more than I ever had before. I was going to Nashville to meet up with a bunch of people I had never met, set in a van for hours, and spend 8 weeks with people I knew nothing about. I didn't know if I was prepared, I didn't know if I could handle it, I had no idea what God had in store for me. I learned that it was the best summer of my life.

This summer roled around and I learned that I have to be a big kid and do something instead of camp. My heart was still with camp but I knew that I was supposed to move on. After all that has been the phrase I can't seem to get stuck in my head, move on. Move on, its been the catch phrase for my grandparents house, for people graduation, and for the fears I face in my future. This summer I'm in Bowling Green. Many of my friends are here, many of us doing something this summer that we have never done before, big kid jobs aka internships aka growing up. I move into this summer excited and scared. I'm excited to being in sports again, sometimes dealing with little kids, being around my friends instead of just writing letters or random phone calls. However, I'm scared of not getting away and focusing on one single thing...God. I'm scared of having all this free time on my hands and being alone so much. I'm scared of losing focus. This summer is the summer where we get tested of what our true character is, our true colors. How we really live our life because eventually the summer ends, camp ends, and live goes on.

I think that every season of life has a reason to exist. Camp existed to change my life, to show me what life is really all about, to discover my true passion. This summer has a new lesson, a new reason to exist and I dont know what that is. All I know is that my goal is to make it one more summer of a lifetime. My goal is to live as if I were at camp because that is the passion we are supposed to always have for God. It's time to take what I learned and apply it. It is finally time to move on....

No comments:

Post a Comment