Sunday, December 20, 2009

nothing less than random

I'm home, finally home. I can spend the day doing whatever and not worry about what test, paper, or project I have due when I get back to school. I'm finally relaxing and not worrying about whats tomorrow. Sure, I still have lots to do for my trip or next semester. I have lots of decisions to make before I get too far into next semester but for now I'm enjoying being home for the holidays. I'm enjoying where I come from and how I am the person I am.

Being home I've realized that I've become more like my parents than I ever wanted especially like my dad. I make the corny jokes, enjoy going to the movies, or looking for my next trip before I take the one planned. I've been taught to do my best and make the most of my life. I've been taught to enjoy the little things like making burbon balls with my mom, and coming up with crazy ideas that make no sense to anybody but myself. I'm having fun, and loving life, something I haven't done that much this semester.

This semester I became the kid that got their head on straight. I picked a major and went full steam ahead. I found several opportunities for internships, attempted getting a couple of jobs, turned in hang out time for volunteer time. I built my resume and yeah it might pay off but I've missed the part of me that can kick back and be the goof ball. I miss being the kid that has an idea and goes with it while everybody else stands by and says, great here we go again or hey sara, this really isn't a good idea while they hold the camera. We all know that nothing is going to stop me once I have my mind set on something and thats the way I've been with my major. Thats the way I plan to be with my new goals for the spring semester. However, I also plan on taking my time at home and abroad to rediscover the inner-child in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment