Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Haibt is God

Lately all of the wrong things have been on the do to list. They have taken top priority and God is only let in when their is time. Naturally when this happens to me everything seems to go wrong. My struggles become harder to deny. My selfish and jealous feelings set in. School usually becomes a top focus especially to drown everything out. This semester it has been really easy to fill those blind spots with things that are coming in my near future like an internship or just volunteer work. I love what I do but nothing seems right without Christ at the center of it. When I was home everything felt out of sync. I've been more worried about the news I found out this summer than ever. Part of me thinks that I'm finally coming to terms with it but a bigger part of just says that I'm not fully trusting God. I know all the answers when people ask whats up or even when I talk about this, the habit is living what I know out. God will take care of me but sometimes I just need people to listen and love on me, just what we as brothers and sisters in christ are called to do.

It takes 21 days to make a habit. I'm making a life changing habit. That habit being God. Whether that is being in His word daily, praying for everything, noticing my sins and asking God for forgiveness immediately, asking Him to better me, finding ways to worship Him because this is all for Him. I know He has great plans for me as long as I trust in Him. This is me attempting as an imperfect human being to live my life fully for something greater than me, GOD.
The more I put God at the center of my life, the more everything else just falls into place.
Pray for each other, support eachother, love each other.... but more than anything make sure that the center of it all is God.

My challenge to you is to join me in making God your habit.

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this!
    I am praying for you and love you so much. You are one of my best friends and I hope you realize that I am here for you no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, good idea. I'm taking that idea up- 21 days: December 31. Starting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete