Monday, November 9, 2009

finding what matters

AFter this summer I was high on life, high on God, and did want to do anything but glorify his kingdom. Nothing else made sense. I didn't understand why other people didn't see that and why this reality of not living every second for him was acceptable. Its called reality, where we get caught up in the things that don't matter. Those things like school, job, money, sometimes even people, or the materalistic things that don't matter. We get hurt, we question why things happen and why people do the things they do. We call people out without knowing the circumstances. We see our brothers and sisters struggling but are too scared to care. We are too worried and too caught up in our own world to see into somebody elses.

I cared about other people this summer. I care about other people now. My God is still the same God. However, I've come down from this high and am looking for the person that loved harder than I could imagine, that served according to the Word and the Word alone, that lived for the smile of an innocent child, and feared God. I'm looking for the things that matter, the people, the lost, the hurt, I'm looking to go Beyond Infinity and into the world. The hardest part is finding not who you were but you want to be.

2 comments:

  1. take it one day at a time and dont simply get down on yourself by comparing it to this summer- when you were in a ministry bubble. even Paul struggled with keeping the focus and the joy. just get up each day and set your heart on "things above not earthly things". and when you fail, remember "His mercies are new each morning". struggling with you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. It's a different kind of spiritual warfare that we combat when we're in the "real world," and it was something that I couldn't prepare myself for this summer as I was, as Sabrina says, in the "ministry bubble."

    I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete