Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sometimes things change

Things have never been so different in my life from previous experiences. I came back from camp and didn't realize how much my life had changed. I look at everything from a different perspective. Being a part of Team 2 changed my life dramatically. Not just because of camp but because I really realized what it meant to say that God is number 1. I finally realized what it means to take the Word to all the Nations. God is a big deal. God is a savior, my savior.

I am back on campus and was excited to see everybody, excited to make a difference in freshman's lives. I had kind of built myself up over the top with reading books about discpleship and community. I ready irresisitble revolution followed by crazy love. I started thinking pretty radical and people thought I was crazy sometimes I thought I was crazy myself. I stepped back to realize that I wasn't radical, what was radical was God and His Word.

People are different, life is different, events are different, living is different, I'm different. Some things will always remain the same but passion for God and sharing His love and what He has done in your life is big, huge and the most important thing you can do. I no longer understand how people, especially people who claim to be Christians can't/don't buy into that.

3 comments:

  1. "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared ot the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost ALL things." -Phil. 3:7-8

    We are not of the world anymore, we're citizens of Heaven. I'm with ya buddy, & just keep praying that all Christians will see it is an "all or nothing" way of life! "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful & effective!" (James 5:16)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to read about all the things God is doing in your life and read about things that He's teaching you! I can't wait to catch up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. be sure to be writing down these radical thoughts and sharing challenges with the freshmen, God has lead you to this point for a reason girl. He is ready to use you dramatically for His glory!

    ReplyDelete