Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sissy

In life we run across people who make a difference in our lives or the ones around us. Sometimse we are fortunate to have these people around for long periods of time, sometimes its only for a couple of minutes. Many people have made a difference in my life, one man made a difference in my life for 4 years.

I was luck to have known Sissy. I was lucky to have been coached by him. He is a man that I respected a lot not because of his knowledge of his game but also his attitude towards the players. For four years struggled through softball. Between my coach and some of the players emotions ate at me. Sissy was the person that gave me the courage to keep going. He knew what the love of the game was and He's the one that convinced me to fight the better fight. Sissy retired my junior year but he was still around.

After being done with high school and softball for two years I still saw Sissy on occasion. When I worked at Kroger's he would come in and ask me about life and what was going on. He always had words of encouragement to offer. Before I left this summer I saw him at Walgreens two days before I left and He told me that I was going to do great things. Two days ago I saw Sissy walking down the street, this time it was just a little wave and a smile, nothing more, nothing less. Sissy made a difference and now as I sit ready to go back to school, wishing time away, living a busy life. I find that I will not longer see Sissy around or find those words of encouragement from a man of great wisdom and character.

RIP Sissy, I love you and will always miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment