Monday, March 22, 2010

God Alone

Lately I've been spending a lot of time alone. Either that or I've realized that everybody I have in my life will not always be around. Ever since two weeks ago when we started to clean out my grandparents house this has been on my mind. My grandparents have made such a different and impact in my life. Whether it be based on personality, character, habits. However, it also hit me that in 30 yrs or less I'll probably be doing the same thing in my parents house. I thought about my friends and the people I depend on. A lot of them are graduating in may and then I'm graduating the following may.

I'm going through a lot of emotions right now between those thoughts and dealing with family stuff. I wanted to find comfort in my friends because my family is too busy trying to be strong for each other. I found that I can't always find that comfort in other people. Nobody is always going to be around forever. God, however is always there at all times. No matter the time of night, no matter the problem, not matter what it is God is there. I read a quote the other day that said every night I give my worries to God, He'll be up anyways. It's extremely hard to find that comfort in God especially when you need that shoulder. I've had to accept and find that God alone is my comforter, my shield, my all in all. Nobody can compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment