Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This summer has been one for the record books. Today at dinner we were discussing random things that have happened. I've decided that I'm going to take Bill Cosby's old show Kids Say the Darnest things and do just from this summer. They crack me up. This week has been a good week but doing fitness with 30 something k-2 is not the funniest job I've ever had before. However, the rest of it has been fun. God is doing great work and as tired and worn out I get God still shows me what I need. Most of you know that I can have my deep spirited thoughts/conversations and God gives me those. He also allows me to relax and act like a little kid when need be.

Last week we were in Daytona running a camp for inner city kids. It was a half day camp so in the afternoon we would just go chill and do whatever. Well friday came about and we went to the beach, all great fun and all. However, that night we decided to take a air mattress that had a hole in it down a flight of steps. It's a great idea in theory, really. In the end it didn't work out to well. So we deicded to take the air mattress to the pool. That did provide some quality fun! Then we continued to light a ping pong ball on fire. We thought about lighting our shoes on fire. ( I've honestly never smelt something so horrible in my life!) We are now back in nashville and it provides a sense of comfort and home but at the same time its still camp. I don't really have much to update on. Continue to pray for me, my team, and the campers as well as our safety and endurance as we are all starting to realize that 8 weeks is a long time to be away from family and friends. I will say that I have found a new family in my teammates, the best way to describe our relationship is purely brotherly and sisterly love. Also be in prayer as we get at least one new teammate for the week next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment