Sunday, January 23, 2011

where do i belong?

I'm in this weird limbo with life. I'm living in Nashville yet I'm still a student at Western. I don't want to establish myself in Nashville because this part of my life is so temporary. In May my internship will be over and I'll be over moving on to a new part of life. That may be in Nashville then again it may not. During the week I am perfectly content being in Nashville and doing my internship. I like my internship and really feel like that is where I am supposed to be and what I should be doing right now with my life at this exact time. However, when the weekends come everything gets tricky.

I have my apartment still, I am only 45min-1hour away, and that's where my friends are. That is where my church is. That is where my comfort zone is. I feel like I have a right to be there to hang out with my friends, kick back, relax after a long week of work. At the same time I feel like people think and part of me feels like I should just move on with my life. This is where I am and I don't need to be there all the time. Being in Nashville can provide different opportunities and allow me to meet new people but if I'm not the kid to go out to the bar what do I do?

I'm at such a weird point in my life and not many people understand it. I'm in this place where I have so many decisions to make and one is no more right or wrong than the other its just a matter of what I want to do. Some of you may ask if I'm involving God in my decision making process. My answer to you is that I have never prayed so much in my life as I have in the past month. Honestly, I don't think God cares where I am as long as I'm doing what I should be doing. Just like with a career, it doesn't matter what I'm doing where as long as I'm doing everything I can to glorify Him in it.

I may not figure out where I belong in this process. Its frusterating and makes me emotional. It makes my heart ache. It makes me struggle feeling like I don't have my community around me to be there when I fall and skin my knee, to wrap there arms around me and tell me they love me, to encourage me. The question is where do I belong? Nashville? BG? Louisville? Maybe ill hitchhike on 65 and see where the wind blows me....

No comments:

Post a Comment